Problems with adobe flash player 10 and windows 7

Diane901

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
I downloaded the new Adobe flash player 10.1.102.64 and I can not get youtube and other things to work. I have Windows 7 (64 bit) so I uninstalled it and change the internet explorer to 32 bit per Adobe website and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. I am not a computer wiz but I am trying..Any ideas???
Thanks,Diane

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hi Diane 901,

What Zoron is referring to is Adobe Flash Player "Square". It is a preview release that enables native 64-bit support for Windows. If you happen to be using IE9 beta it's for sure what you want - http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

Diane901

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Cassandra/Zoron,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to download this several times over the last few days. It doesn't seem to be downloading right. So I went and downloaded the IE9 Beta and then tried to download it again several times. It starts to download and gets lock up. The most I got it to download in 17% and that was after several hours. I just tried again and it had over 11 hours to download. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am going crazy with this. So then I tried to get the IE9 back to IE8 and that won't go back either. I just wish I knew more about this. Any other ideas??? If not thanks for you help.

Thanks again
Diane