[SOLVED] Problems with Asus K52JT

helpe

Reputable
May 23, 2020
When I turn on laptop, cooler starts and I can hear it is properly working but the screen doesn't turn on. It's off (not a black screen or something). Before this, like 5 or 6 day, some artefacts showed twice or three times, I'm not sure. But it was all okay until it started to turn off suddenly. When I boot laptop again it's all okay. Until tomorrow. I turned on my laptop, artefact showed than screen went off but laptop stayed on. I have checked ram but there were no problems. I thought maybe screen is rip and I connected laptop to my monitor with HDMI and it was also off.
What I think it might be is problem with graphic cards because off showed artefacts. Green and white colors. If anyone knows what to do contact me.

CPU: P6200
RAM: 3GB
HDD: 320GB (not sure is it 300 or 320)
GPU: 1GB Radeon 6000M series

Sounds like 90% gpu related. disassembly until you see gpu chip, heat it up to 150c (not enough to do damage or melt solder) for few minutes. Test. if you get picture its dyin gpu.

This is only temporaroy fix

Looks like this : http://vgamuseum.info/index.php/component/k2/item/27-amd-radeon-hd-6370m
If you get it working try disabling DISCRETE GPU (AMD/ATI) in BIOS, save with F10 so it would work only on integrated

Solution