Problems with booting windows 8 from a removable media

KingFerp

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Dear community,

I recently installed windows 8 onto a usb pendrive using the guidance of this tutorial;
http://tech2.in.com/how-to/windows/how-to-install-windows-8-on-a-pen-drive/314452
I got the thing to boot up with both my laptop and my desktop but with both compters it gets stuk during the first loading screen, it keeps on loading without any apparent progress. I even left it running two hours this morning. I also tried debug mode and safemode both without succes.
Do you guys have any clue to what might be the issue?

The pendrive I am using is the sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 32GB.

Thanks in advance.

KingFerp

Honorable
May 10, 2013
So I solved it my self :) I used another the install.win from another iso. And instead of using the 64 bit I used the 32 bit version of W/8 and that seemed to fix it. I can now fully boot now and I am doing the first install now.
Maybe when I feel like it I will test the 64bit version of the iso and see if that works. In that case I will post my results here for anyone who encounters the same issues as me.

KingFerp

Honorable
May 10, 2013
So the 64bit version of the new iso works fine to. The ISO I was using before was a fully updated version of windows 8, so now I am going to see if I can still get the windows to work with all updates installed.