Problems with Fallout 3 GOTY

ThatMan

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I recently revived Fallout 3 GOTY and installed it to my computer. When I launched it the game would crash when i hit new game, so i reinstated it. Now when i try to start a new game I get all the way through the intro to when you are born and the screen stays black and there is no sound. What can I do to fix this?

I am running this on a laptop:
Windows 7 (I know about the compatibility issues)
i3 2310
8 gigs ram
Intel HD graphics

Any solutions?

The problem is that Fallout 3 does not recognize integrated graphics. There is a way around that by installing a d3d9.dll file that was originally developed for Oblivion so that you can run that game with an underpowered video card. See link below to download it.

http://www.oldblivion.com/sm/index.php?topic=6928.0

I have tested this on my laptop which has i5-2410 CPU with the Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics core (same in your i3-2310). My laptop actually has a nVidia GT 550m graphic card, but I wanted to test how well the HD 3000 can play games.

At 1366x768 resolution you should be able to play the game with a mix of low and medium settings. You'll need to experiment to determine what settings are best for you.

p000n-tang_be4r

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Hey, im also having problems with this same game. I installed it all including the add-on pack and when i press start game it starts up and its nothing but a black page. If i ctrl alt del it says its not responding and it happens every time without fail. Can somebody plz tell me how to fix this?
my setup is phenom ii x4 840
ga 990fxa ud3
8gb ram
modxstream pro 700w
asus hd6950