Problems with internet on Gaming PC only, all other devices run fine

CrisisRunner

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
im having problems with my gaming pc, the problem is im losing tons of mbps normally anywhere from 25-45mbps then it just drops on the rig only.

Please note i have a Samsung galaxy s6 that i run in parallel to the speed test from ookla that gets up to 70-80mbps while the pc is dropping ive even spaced the tests out thinking they could conflict thats not making a difference on the pc getting off the drops, ive ran out of ideas this only happened sometime after i did a {netsh winsock reset} and shortly after this started happening no its almost impossible to play any mmos or even watch youtube, or even search sites sometimes.

Also this happens constantly since it happened about 50+ times a day if i kept trying and the routers fine the devices connected are fine its just my rig,

I run using spectrum internet and have a netgear A6100 wireless adapter that has never gave issues, please note i have also switch to my netgear wg111v2 and it experienced the same issues.

The system specs are AMD R9 390X 8gb AMD FX8370 8core CPU with 16GB of Hyper X Fury on MSI 970A G43 Mainboard powering Western Digital Green 1TB HDD Primary and Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD Secondary and Micron 128GB SSD Gaming Reserved, for my most played MMOs powered with an Antec Quattro 1200Watt Psu, any help to get me back to playing again is appreciated, and if its not from winsock help me figure out this problem thats on this computer i have been at it for two days and am going nuts over it.

[Usual "wall of text" problem - - edited to make it easier to read - Moderator]

CrisisRunner

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Like i said its not the internet everone here doesent have any problems playing games exept for my desktop and if i remember right i cannot change the band on the wireless adapter although its been the same as always on the router, the router is also not mine its my aunt and uncles so its hard to reset it anyway and its in their bedroom which someone is always sleeping and they dont like me touching the router anyway

CrisisRunner

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
so someone has set the router to 5ghz so that explains part of my issues but doesn't explain why my dual-band Netgear A6100 wont work correctly on it even though its rated to, any advice on that confused to why it wont stay constant on 5ghz connection, right now im using my samsung galaxy s6 to connect to the internet on my pc since the adapter isnt working right.

CrisisRunner

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from CrisisRunner : "Netgear A6100 problems"

Seems my netgear a6100 isnt wanting to run 5ghz bandwidth correctly, so mypc drops the connection speeds after 30 or so seconds and i have reinstalled the drivers still does it, not sure why its acting up cause it worked fine for the past few weeks with possibly the same channel, also i cannot change the router channal cause it isnt mine.

CrisisRunner

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from CrisisRunner : "Problems with incosistant internet"

i have a Netgear A6100 DualBand wireless adapter someone enable 5ghz and the adapters has been having issues keeping the download speed up with out randomly dropping and causing issues every few minutes as the exact same problem, i need help0 figuring out how to fix it.