Question Problems with laptop battery

Mar 18, 2021
Hi. I have a Thomson laptop (NEOX13 13,3/N3350/4/32/W10) a little over a year old. Lately it has problems with the battery (it can be detached). Sometimes when I power it on nothing happens. I have to leave it without use for 10-15 hours. when finally it turns on.

The battery is usually about 50% and it soon becomes flat. When power adapter is connected it says "connected" but "discharging". "connected but not charging"

I re-installed Windows, no different.

Any tricks or suggestion about it?. Thanks

Krotow

Commendable
Oct 2, 2019
Seems charging problem have nothing to do with Windows. Most likely faulty power socket or charger inside laptop. Try to skew power supply connector a little and see if charging resume.

Best solution for this is taking this laptop to repair service.

Mar 18, 2021
Just after posting, I saw something about the brightness that was 100%, so I lower to 0% (it was still ok) .It was working but the latest problem is that the screen goes black, even when the laptop is on. When I reinstalled Windows the same happened, I could hear the voice of cortana but the screen was black.

Any idea what it could be? (the suggestion of taking it to a repair service is not good. It could cost more than the laptop itself and what is the point of this forum?. I think is trying to solve problems and skipped the repair service)

I has a similar problem with a Dell laptop that was given to me by a friend. It said the same thing and the battery always showed 46%. A new battery got it working again.

That doesn't seem right on a machine that is just a year old but it could happen if it encountered an extreme environment like freezing temperature while not turned on.

Anyway, that's what worked for me.

Mar 18, 2021
I has a similar problem with a Dell laptop that was given to me by a friend. It said the same thing and the battery always showed 46%. A new battery got it working again.

That doesn't seem right on a machine that is just a year old but it could happen if it encountered an extreme environment like freezing temperature while not turned on.

Anyway, that's what worked for me.

Mar 18, 2021
the environment is o.k. The problem with thischeap laptops is that the battery and memeory ram modules are attachec to the laptop and can,t be removed. Still, anyone has a better idea about this problem?

Mar 18, 2021
I think finally I have solved the problem. last year I had a problem with the original charger(I can,t remember exactly what happened) so I bought 2 chargers because the second one was very cheap(aliExpress). I use the spare charger and the laptop has been working well for the last 2 days. I hope , it will continue working well.

Krotow

Commendable
Oct 2, 2019
I think finally I have solved the problem. last year I had a problem with the original charger(I can,t remember exactly what happened) so I bought 2 chargers because the second one was very cheap(aliExpress). I use the spare charger and the laptop has been working well for the last 2 days. I hope , it will continue working well.
Make your answer as "solved" then.

ASK THE COMMUNITY