Problems with my build

SirPickleBottom

Honorable
Jun 11, 2015
Hey all,
I have a few problems regarding my custom built PC (First time builder). So after spending a week or so putting it all together, I tried turning it on. Fortunately all the LED lights turned on and all the fans started to spin. Unfortunately, when I tried hooking up my monitor (HP 2311gt), it does not show the BIOS loading up nor anything at all. I have a few suspicions as to where this problem could be rooted from. The cables from the PSU (Listed below) seem to be awfully stiff and I am unable to fully plug in the ATX Power cable into my motherboard. The cable is divided into one large part and one small. The small one fits fine, however the larger cable does not fully go in, rather it slants up at about a 30 degree angle. Could this be the reason for not having a BIOS showing up? I do not want to fully push it in because the amount of pressure I assume required would break my motherboard. It just does not go in.
Second, the two PCI cables that go into my graphics card fit fine, but they're part of one cable which makes it point awfully high. There is not way that I would be able to put on my side panel

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 I5-4590 3.5GHz Quad Core
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 Overclocked 2GB GDDR5
Memory/RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel H97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
DVD: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)
Storage: WD Blue 1TB Desktop 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s
PSU: Sentey Power Supply MPH-650w 80 + Bronze

So basically what I am asking is, Should I try taking my PC apart and reinstalling it again? Should I purchase a better PSU? (Quite unsatisfied with my current one) Is the ATX Power cable not being plugged in the reason as to why the BIOS doesn't show up?

Images will be provided upon request.

Pardon my English. Any response is once again appreciated. Have a nice day folks.

Solution
Those 2 parts of a single 24 pin cable should slide or clip in to each other. You are not supposed to insert one then the other, but clip them together and then insert them together.

TRENDING THREADS