PC PROBLEMS RTX 3060TI - i5 12400F

sorry for my English

hello can someone help me, my pc is new and has the following specifications:

i5 12400f

rtx 3060ti Gygabyte OC

32gb ram (2x16gb) 3200mhz

650w bronze power supply

I have all drivers installed and updated

but there is a problem in the fornite game, when the game starts it is more noticeable, it gives like a few small jerks, but they last a short time and then it stabilizes but then they give more of those jerks in the game like 10 times distributed throughout the game

I don't understand why the fps go up to 20 or 30 and from there they go up and stabilize at 68 fps

Check your Internet connection, and the modem. Try to reduce the PING to get a more fluid gameplay. Ping depends on how good your internet connection is.

The better the connection, the less latency/ping you have, which is good. And less ping means a smoother gameplay experience. From your description this definitely sounds like an internet connection issue.

Reactions: Rexer
Jul 4, 2023
Check your Internet connection, and the modem. Try to reduce the PING to get a more fluid gameplay. Ping depends on how good your internet connection is.

The better the connection, the less latency/ping you have, which is good. And less ping means a smoother gameplay experience. From your description this definitely sounds like an internet connection issue.
I have already verified that it is not the internet, when I played with the stable internet they also gave me the fps drops

Jul 4, 2023
Okay, no problem then. What's the exact brand/manufacturer and model SKU number of your 650w bronze power supply ? Do you face this issue ONLY while playing Fortnite, or even other PC games ?
Gigabyte P650G, for now if the problems are with fortnite, i've tried with gta 5 and it looks normal, i haven't tried the other games

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure if Fortnite is optimised to ignore efficiency cores, if not try disable them in bios and run game only on performance cores. Refer to your motherboard manual how to do that.

I would steer clear of Gigabyte PSUs though, no matter what is the purpose of my PC. I heard that particular model is an average quality unit, and many models have even exploded, especially the Gigabyte P-GM models. I'm not entirely sure about your particular model though.

But in any case, I wouldn't trust any PSU from Gigabyte.

Jul 4, 2023
I would steer clear of Gigabyte PSUs though, no matter what is the purpose of my PC. I heard that particular model is an average quality unit, and many models have even exploded, especially the Gigabyte P-GM models. I'm not entirely sure about your particular model though.

But in any case, I wouldn't trust any PSU from Gigabyte.
so the problem is my psu?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
so the problem is my psu?
More than likely efficiency cores. Cores which are intended for lighter tasks, performance issues arise when games use them along side performance cores, you get frame time problems. So you have games that have either been patched or designed to only prioritise performance cores.

Jul 4, 2023
More than likely efficiency cores. Cores which are intended for lighter tasks, performance issues arise when games use them along side performance cores, you get frame time problems. So you have games that have either been patched or designed to only prioritise performance cores.
my motherboard is b660m pro rs ax, how should i configure correctly?

Just turn off efficiency cores in bios.
There are no efficiency cores on the 12400F.

PC PROBLEMS RTX 3060TI - i5 12400F

sorry for my English

hello can someone help me, my pc is new and has the following specifications:

i5 12400f

rtx 3060ti Gygabyte OC

32gb ram (2x16gb) 3200mhz

650w bronze power supply

I have all drivers installed and updated

but there is a problem in the fornite game, when the game starts it is more noticeable, it gives like a few small jerks, but they last a short time and then it stabilizes but then they give more of those jerks in the game like 10 times distributed throughout the game

I don't understand why the fps go up to 20 or 30 and from there they go up and stabilize at 68 fps

Install HWMonitor/HWInfo and check your CPU/GPU clockspeeds and temperatures while playing. It could be something is going awry here.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Everything here looks okay as far as temps and clocks are concerned utilization seems like it is low though.

Which mode are you running Fortnite in? I'm not super familiar with it but I know there's a DX11 performance mode of some sort and a DX12 mode. I've heard the DX12 mode can be problematic sometimes, so if it's in that try the DX11 mode just to see if the performance is better. If it is then I'd suggest you look for some insight on Fortnite specifically and what settings you might need to adjust.

If you're already in the DX11 performance mode then I'd suggest trying some other games first before really jumping in on doing too much with your system. You could also run 3dmark just to get a general idea of your system's performance. I don't put a ton of stock into it, but sometimes when compared to like configurations it can give you an idea as to where your issue lies if there is one.

Jul 4, 2023
Everything here looks okay as far as temps and clocks are concerned utilization seems like it is low though.

Which mode are you running Fortnite in? I'm not super familiar with it but I know there's a DX11 performance mode of some sort and a DX12 mode. I've heard the DX12 mode can be problematic sometimes, so if it's in that try the DX11 mode just to see if the performance is better. If it is then I'd suggest you look for some insight on Fortnite specifically and what settings you might need to adjust.

If you're already in the DX11 performance mode then I'd suggest trying some other games first before really jumping in on doing too much with your system. You could also run 3dmark just to get a general idea of your system's performance. I don't put a ton of stock into it, but sometimes when compared to like configurations it can give you an idea as to where your issue lies if there is one.
Indeed I am using the directx 11 mode, I have already done enough tests on my gpu and everything seems to be fine, what else can it be? do you think the 75hz monitor with feeesync technology is the problem? it is an essential samsung s24r35 75hz monitor

Indeed I am using the directx 11 mode, I have already done enough tests on my gpu and everything seems to be fine, what else can it be? do you think the 75hz monitor with feeesync technology is the problem? it is an essential samsung s24r35 75hz monitor
Only if you're running limited frame rate or vsync is enabled. Neither of these should cause the slow shift of frame rates though. I can't really think of any reason you'd get isolated problems in just Fortnite.

Rexer

Distinguished
There may be nothing wrong with your machine or internet connection. It may be the choice of the internet routers. I live in Polson, Montana and sometimes internet is pitch perfect. But it's mostly horrible. Connection is imperative in games where reaction reflex is paramount. When I play unpopular or older games that only have a few servers across the U.S., the game latency throttles like a dirty carburetor. Stutters as much 10 times, lasting as much as a 2 seconds. When I get a clean route to a good server or player/server, the ping gets under 100 (that's a good night for me).
Where the game server is located or the path the internet chooses to route you to the game server makes a big difference. I like playing Call of Duty WW2 (which is an older, less popular game) and rather than getting to the best direct connection, I'll be routed through half the U.S.. Or sometimes the server is so distant, the ping fluxuates from the 100 to 250. In that case, I recon the server/player is probably in Los Angles or Atlanta. That's pretty far from Montana. Or because the game's not popular, the servers are shut down. I usually quit the game and restart it to change the routing connections or quit completely due to the internet's routing or lack of a closer or better server/player.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS