Question Problems with onboard SSD on Irbis TW43 Windows 10 transformer tablet

Feb 2, 2020
Hello, I have an Irbis TW43 Windows 10 tablet that's behaving strangely. Two days ago I had a BSOD in the middle of work with an SDBUS_INTERNAL_ERROR stop code. After rebooting, first it reported "Windows 10 boot manager boot failed", and after another reboot, it failed to recognize any storage at all, booting directly into EFI Shell. This reported no mapping, i.e. it just doesn't see the onboard SSD at all. Strangely, when I turned it on today, it booted like nothing happened. Then, a couple of hours later, EFI Shell again.

My reasoning is that CPU, video chip, RAM and BIOS are okay, since without those, neither Windows nor BIOS would work. But SSD can't be at fault too, since it did boot no problem, I saw my desktop and documents just fine. Can it be a fault in power controller, or other electronics around SSD, or maybe a trace on the board?

I've identified these chips on the motherboard:

1. CPU - Intel Atom Z3735F,
  2. 4 x 512 Mb Kingston RAM chips, marked 961302.08 1538 PT1CO D2516EC48XGGB 1591942601
  3. AXP288 power controller,
  4. Silead GSR3676 touch screen & touch pad controller,
  5. Realtek audio and network chips,
  6. Main culprit - 32 Gb memory chip, marked 1641 KAE THGBM1G8C4BGAIR T32GB427 JAPAN, all I could learn about it is that it's a Toshiba eMMC NAND Flash memory chip.

I don't know if imgur links are allowed here so I'll post a photo of motherboard if anyone asks.

I know that this computer is, technically, a piece of crap, but I have some data on it and it's a comfy piece of crap so I'd prefer to restore it rather than spend dollars on a new notebook, so, any advice?

TheNightTerror

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
If you have any other computers, you could try taking out the ssd (if possible) and putting it in another computer to see if the problem persists. If so, there may be a fault on the SSD. I don’t know anything, as a lot of the forums on this device are in Russian, and still make little sense when Google translated.