Problems with performance

sojle

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
Hello,please help me.My games are very laggy after upgrading pc.my specs are:10GB Ram,2GB ASUS GEFORCE 710 2GB SL,AMD PHENOM 2 X4 955,HITACHI 500GB HARD DISK,AND POWER SUPPLY 550W.Before the upgrade games were running completely fine,I only upgraded from AMD RADEON HD6800 Series to asus nvidia gt710 sl 2gb,and games which were 60-30 fps are now barely around 20fps(games like skyrim,dota 2,gta iv...).What could be the problem?

sojle

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018

Will installing a new OS and formatting the HDD solve the problem?

You would STILL want to do a fresh installation of the Nvidia drivers after the completion of the clean windows install, but yes, it couldn't hurt. You don't need to "format" the hard drive either. If you choose the "Custom" option during the installation, delete ALL existing partitions on the OS drive (Disconnect ALL secondary drives before you begin the installation, with the power off of course) and then click on the drive and choose Next to install to the unformatted, unpartitioned space, Windows will do all the partitioning and formatting that is needed.

Especially if it's been a long time since you did a clean install of Windows.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-installation-windows.html

sojle

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018

It worked,thank you very much,in the end I didn't install new OS,I just followed instructions from the link and it worked,old driver was probably the problem.

TRENDING THREADS