[SOLVED] Problems with the 1650 installation

Apr 24, 2020
Hello, a few days ago I bought a 1650 super gtx.

The model is Asus 1650 Super Tuf Gaming 4gb OC. I put my video card in the computer, turn it on and only the bios welcome screen appears, then it disappears and the screen remains black for hours. The video card turns on, its lights come on, and the coolers work.

I am going to give a series of data so PLEASE help me solve this dilemma:
-I come from a 750 ti which works perfectly with this system.
-Data from my computer:
CPU: i7 2600
RAM: 16 gb
PSU: NZXT Hale82 550W
GPU: 1650 super
MOTHERBOARD: H61H2M2 (v1)
Another detail is that as a monitor I am using a 32-inch TV which I connect through HDMI to my graphics card.

One of my main suspicions is the mother since in addition to being old (but it has PCI e3.0), it has a very old BIOS version and I could update it. But I want to make sure that I'm not overlooking any other issues before I risk updating the BIOS.
I also suspected that it may be because the i7 2600 only supports up to pci e 2.0, but as I said earlier, I used to use a 750 ti (which uses pci 3.0 technology) without any problem

Please if you can tell me what the problem could be I would be grateful.
Thanks for your time

Apr 24, 2020
Yes update the BIOS. Also make sure when you installed the video card you did not unplug something else like the drive cable.

Ok thanks for answering. I think i will have to take risks and update the bios.

Is it possible that these new video cards are incompatible with old motherboards? my board has pci 3.0 and i had no problem with any other video card.

Hello, a few days ago I bought a 1650 super gtx.

The model is Asus 1650 Super Tuf Gaming 4gb OC. I put my video card in the computer, turn it on and only the bios welcome screen appears, then it disappears and the screen remains black for hours. The video card turns on, its lights come on, and the coolers work.

I am going to give a series of data so PLEASE help me solve this dilemma:
-I come from a 750 ti which works perfectly with this system.
-Data from my computer:
CPU: i7 2600
RAM: 16 gb
PSU: NZXT Hale82 550W
GPU: 1650 super
MOTHERBOARD: H61H2M2 (v1)
Another detail is that as a monitor I am using a 32-inch TV which I connect through HDMI to my graphics card.

One of my main suspicions is the mother since in addition to being old (but it has PCI e3.0), it has a very old BIOS version and I could update it. But I want to make sure that I'm not overlooking any other issues before I risk updating the BIOS.
I also suspected that it may be because the i7 2600 only supports up to pci e 2.0, but as I said earlier, I used to use a 750 ti (which uses pci 3.0 technology) without any problem

Please if you can tell me what the problem could be I would be grateful.
Thanks for your time
Your power supply is modular. Did you make sure you had a PCIE rail plugged into the PSU and the GPU? Did your GTX 750 TI need a 6 pin PCIE rail?

Also, PCIE 2.0 doesn't matter. Even if the motherboard had only PCIE 1.0 capability, it could still use the GTX 1650 Super assuming the system recognizes it on bootup. I've used a GTX 1060 on a motherboard from 2006 with no UEFI bios that only supported PCIE 1.1 and it worked fine.

Apr 24, 2020
Your power supply is modular. Did you make sure you had a PCIE rail plugged into the PSU and the GPU? Did your GTX 750 TI need a 6 pin PCIE rail?

Also, PCIE 2.0 doesn't matter. Even if the motherboard had only PCIE 1.0 capability, it could still use the GTX 1650 Super assuming the system recognizes it on bootup. I've used a GTX 1060 on a motherboard from 2006 with no UEFI bios that only supported PCIE 1.1 and it worked fine.

Hi, I already saw everything related to the power supply and everything is fine. My old 750 ti used power pin 6.
I am honestly running out of ideas...