Problems with the system...

nessu

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hello. Today i bought a new cpu cooler (Cooler master hyper 212 Evo ). But after installing it I had problems on running my windows 7 since it only crashed after 10-15 mins (everything freezed)... I installed the stock back and it had some problems on running at least on normal setting from bios. I have tried to change the voltage and everything but then it doesnt even boot the system... Hangs on ASUS logo or there wont be anything on my monitor (and the boot device led is on). So only able to load windows on normal or optimum setting on bios. Is my MB or PSU faulty? Any suggestions how to continue?

mb= ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0
gpu= GTX460 2years old
psu= its either 500 or 600w and 2 years old
cpu= AMD FX-8350
ram= 4gb 1333mhz and 4gb 1600mhz

RulesSpew

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
If your pc worked fine before you installed new cooler = Bad cooler instalation
You might do something wrong, if it shudowns it's because of its own safety, and because high temperatures.

Did you use thermal paste?
Did you use it corectely?
The fan has to be sticked as hard as possible to the motherboard.

nessu

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Well now it has been running quite well. I installed the CM again and i think i got it better now... using optimum setting from bios and running stable 4.3 Ghz. Have to test tomorrow does it freeze when flying fsx . Here is a pic from core temp. It just seems like the voltage is jumping between 1.114 V and 1.344 V but that´s normal?