Problems with updating to Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapul4

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Greetings, I use Windows 8.1.I downloaded MediaCreationToolx64 from microsoft site.It can be used to download iso or to directly upgrade to Win 10.If I go to update from it,it would simply stay at 0% and nothing would happen.If I would like to download iso,after downloading it would say that "something happened".Tray icon still says "Reserve your Windows 10".Right now in the root of C drive, there is a folder called $Windows.~WS with .tmp and I can't delete it because it is run in "explorer.exe",it uses up 2.6gb of space.

Solution
It believe that folder(EDIT, I read it was $windows.~BT. wonder if it is the same deal for downloading) contains the download and it will grow until your copy is downloaded.

Maybe check the task manager to see if you have a download happening.
It believe that folder(EDIT, I read it was $windows.~BT. wonder if it is the same deal for downloading) contains the download and it will grow until your copy is downloaded.

Maybe check the task manager to see if you have a download happening.

Solution

kapul4

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014

No download is happening in task manager,I can delete the foldner when I start windows,but after a minute it will reapear with the file and it will say that folder is being used by a process.Also I can start the MediaCreationToolx64 before it reapears.

Status
Not open for further replies.