Problems writing to a cd

donnal

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

Hi,
I'm trying to write to a cd and it keeps telling me there is no cd in the
drive. i have checked the divice manager and it says it is working
properly. I've put in other cds and they work. does anyone have any oother
suggestions or am i doing something wrong. I just purchased these cds they
are dvd+r.
Thanks for your help
Donna

donnal

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

Mrtee,
well now i feel stupid. i bought these at office max and i told the man
what i needed them for, backing up data to a cd and these are the ones he
recommended.
I hope the solution is as simple as that.
thanks again
donna

donnal wrote:

>I'm trying to write to a cd and it keeps telling me there is no cd in the
>drive. i have checked the divice manager and it says it is working
>properly. I've put in other cds and they work. does anyone have any oother
>suggestions or am i doing something wrong. I just purchased these cds they
>are dvd+r.

Cds are not dvds.

The inbuilt burning in XP does not support burning to DVD - you need a
third party package like Nero.

And BTW I presume it *is* a DVD+RW drive you are using?