Question Probook 470 G1 (i5-4200m + 8570m) safe temps under gaming + how would a qm chip do thermally?

Oct 5, 2023
i recently ordered a probook 470 g1 for cheap, im wondering what the safe temps would be under gaming for both the cpu and gpu and could it handle a qm chip?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off it's not meant for gaming. The discrete GPU in that laptop was meant for graphical artists/professionals on the go who need something to tinker on, while, on-the-go. Not so much the case in 2023. Second, what games are we talking about here?

According to the laptop's service manual;
there's s SKU with an i7-4702MQ , which is the highest I'd go, and stick with

Oct 5, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off it's not meant for gaming. The discrete GPU in that laptop was meant for graphical artists/professionals on the go who need something to tinker on, while, on-the-go. Not so much the case in 2023. Second, what games are we talking about here?

According to the laptop's service manual;
there's s SKU with an i7-4702MQ , which is the highest I'd go, and stick with
im aware its not meant for gaming, however i dont play the newest games (mostly rreferring to newer AAA games), most of my games are from around 2008-2015 with some exceptions and i think it'd be fine for those, if you want a specific list of which games:
-tomb raider (2013)
-far cry 3
-counter strike 2
-just cause 3
-metro the last light
-gta 5
and some more older / lightweight games

also im not really worried about the performance, more about the thermals

Last edited: