program level kill process

How can I kill a process at the program level in Win.XP? (e.g.) I start a
really large filter in a graphics or audio program and I want to cancel it
without killing the program that is running it. I’m not talking about an
undo after the fact. I want to stop the process from continuing as it’s
working.

"Lardcarcass" <Lardcarcass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I kill a process at the program level in Win.XP? (e.g.) I start a
> really large filter in a graphics or audio program and I want to cancel it
> without killing the program that is running it. I'm not talking about an
> undo after the fact. I want to stop the process from continuing as it's
> working.

Get the free process explorer from here:
http://www.sysinternals.com/

TRENDING THREADS