Programmer Recreates London Tube Map in Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
It's actually a very well made map. Not requiring a PDF viewer... Crisp in full view and still readable... And crisp when zoomed in. Our city has a much simpler transit system, but would be handy to have this level of quality

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/info/downloads/

You're welcome

Horhe

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008
Looks good on Firefox too. I like how fast it loads, maybe we could make programs that will generate these kind of maps from images, because I reckon it's much easier to make an image in Flash, Photoshop or whatever software is used to make these.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The map was created using HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery and contains images. Galantini says the map uses absolutely no images and all of the symbols have been recreated using HTML entities, styled and arranged by CSS.
So does it contain images or not?
Looking at the actual HTML, it doesn't contain images. I'm a programmer, but would not have the patience to make the train and boat icons using CSS. The result is actually pretty impressive and his code looks much cleaner than most web designers that I've worked with.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Google Chrome and Firefox rendered the web page perfectly while IE10 failed miserably.
That page should be set standard for testing HTML5 compatibility.
By the way Microsoft quit IE business totally and stick to making OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.