Programming mouse buttons in Autocad 2007

engprosinc

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I have a five button mouse that I use with Autocad. Two of the buttons were programmed to toggle the snap mode, and toggle the ortho mode. (F3 and F8 buttons on the keyboard). Both buttons are absolutely necessary to those who use Autocad. These two buttons don't work in Windows 7 64. They did work previously under Win xp 32.

Is there a way to program the buttons in Autocad?

If I upgrade to Win 7 Pro 64, and run autocad in the Win xp virtual mode, do you think the two mouse buttons will function as they did before I switched to Win 764?

Thanks

engprosinc

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I did that, using add a device in Windows, and programmed the two buttons I need to use Autocad. They won't work as programmed in Win 7 64. They did work in Win xp 32.
I thought there was a way to program them in Autocad, but I am not sure.

In the meantime, I upgraded to Win 7 Pro, so I should be able to use Win xp in virtual mode, and the mouse should work as it did.
Thanks for your help.

engprosinc

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I am using a Microsoft Comfort Optical 3000, and a Microsoft Intellipoint Optical. I have the latest drivers from Microsoft, but neither mouse will work when I am using Autocad 2004 or 2007 and Win 7 64. Both buttons work when I use either mouse on the old computer with Win xp 32 and either Autocad 2004 or 2007.

BTW neither Autocad 2004 nor 2007 are supported by Win 7 64. I have been running them in compatability mode, but the mouse still doesn't function properly.

http://microconceptstechnical.blogspot.com/2011/11/make-your-mouse-work-harder.html
AutoCADmousebuttons2.jpg

engprosinc

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I did that already. Neither button works as programmed. I even added other programs that are used inside of Autocad, and no help.

Do I have to install the Autodesk Inventor 2012 for this to work?

Im sure you don't need to add Autodesk Inventor 2012; it was just a program also in use by the person who make that screenshot.

If you program the 4th & 5th mouse buttons for your web browser or work processor functions - will it run those functions correctly?

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to run by the AutoCad support forums and ask this question there. As far as I can tell - you've done all that's usually required to make your 4th & 5th mouse buttons functional in Win7.

engprosinc

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

I have used Microsoft Intellipoint Optical, Microsoft Comfort Optical 3000 and Comfort 6000. None of them worked in Autocad with Win 7 64. I used the latest Microsoft drivers for each mouse.

I just upgraded to Win 7 Pro, and I was able to program the two buttons using the Windows drivers. I used the same Microsoft drivers as mentioned above.

The problem is Win 7 64. Microsoft knows it, but has not come up with any solution or patches. So what else is new?

Thanks