Programming or webdeveloping

Adam_200

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
I am a information systems management major and i have free time on my hands to learn programming or webdeveloping. Which language will be the best for my major and what softwares should i use?

Solution
That is a very open ended question. Web development is programming at its core, with a little visual work thrown in (or not). Really depends on the project.

Web front ends for databases is on a whole other level than say your grandma's quilting homepage.

I would say that there is certainly a constant market for mobile web development, mobile app development, etc. Cloud is really starting to take off, so a lot of companies are moving to Software as a Service (SaaS) so hard core programmers can probably still make a decent living working for the large companies.

As for languages and tools. Can't go wrong with C# and Visual Studio, ASP.NET, MS-SQL. Eclipse and Java. For mobile there are the Android IDE and Objective C for iOS.

I'm sure...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is a very open ended question. Web development is programming at its core, with a little visual work thrown in (or not). Really depends on the project.

Web front ends for databases is on a whole other level than say your grandma's quilting homepage.

I would say that there is certainly a constant market for mobile web development, mobile app development, etc. Cloud is really starting to take off, so a lot of companies are moving to Software as a Service (SaaS) so hard core programmers can probably still make a decent living working for the large companies.

As for languages and tools. Can't go wrong with C# and Visual Studio, ASP.NET, MS-SQL. Eclipse and Java. For mobile there are the Android IDE and Objective C for iOS.

I'm sure more people can add tons of options. I mostly do light Windows programming for existing products that involve a lot of database queries.

Solution