Question Programs crashing

amkanba

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
Yesterday I was working on photoshop and it crashed. I tried recovering my work which I successfully did but then it crashed again. Today I wake up to find that most programs open up for 5-10 seconds only to see a loading cursor for a second before they close. This includes the software uninstallers. I have tried the system file checker which resolved issues it found but made no effect on my current issue. Most solutions I've found online on articles, videos or forums have failed to fix this. So far windows explorer, google chrome and the default Microsoft app for photos and videos seems to be working without a hitch. I'm looking forward to any help and suggestions.

Yesterday I was working on photoshop and it crashed. I tried recovering my work which I successfully did but then it crashed again. Today I wake up to find that most programs open up for 5-10 seconds only to see a loading cursor for a second before they close. This includes the software uninstallers. I have tried the system file checker which resolved issues it found but made no effect on my current issue. Most solutions I've found online on articles, videos or forums have failed to fix this. So far windows explorer, google chrome and the default Microsoft app for photos and videos seems to be working without a hitch. I'm looking forward to any help and suggestions.
Full speccs?

amkanba

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
Update: I removed my GPU the next day and everything seems to work fine. Perhaps it was multiple drivers not playing nice with each other?
I often flash AMD cards for my mining rig and the AMD drivers are installed too.