Question Programs/Games shut off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2020
Hey, I built my pc over a week ago and everything so far is running smoothly.

I have noticed that at least once everyday if i play the games “crash” it doesn’t say anything tho and I just get back to desktop.
And today it happened the same way just watching Netflix, what could this be?

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
how much RAM do you have? it could be peaking too high, games store alot in the system memory and so will web browsers 8gb or so would give you these kinds of probs if you are trying to do things that are a bit demanding

For instance I have 20GB, im just watching youtube and have about 15 tabs open on another window and firefox is using 35% of my memory, im at 53% load and my pc is pretty idle as far as id be concerned

Dec 13, 2020
I have 16gb 3200Mhz.
I don’t have any tabs or anything on during games and watching Netflix I only have that up and nothing else so it feels weird if it would be that ;/

USAFRet

Titan
Hey, I built my pc over a week ago and everything so far is running smoothly.

I have noticed that at least once everyday if i play the games “crash” it doesn’t say anything tho and I just get back to desktop.
And today it happened the same way just watching Netflix, what could this be?
Please give us a FULL parts list of this system.
Esp. the PSU make and model.

Dec 13, 2020
What is the event log? sorry new to PCs :)

tempratures during gaming stays around 60-68c for cpu, Gpu is always lower than that.

could it be a windows problem as I don’t use a “real” one currently. I’m going to do a reinstall with a copy from Microsoft as I saw that was for free and then activate when I have the funds :)

USAFRet

Titan
What is the event log? sorry new to PCs :)

tempratures during gaming stays around 60-68c for cpu, Gpu is always lower than that.

could it be a windows problem as I don’t use a “real” one currently. I’m going to do a reinstall with a copy from Microsoft as I saw that was for free and then activate when I have the funds :)
Not a "real" Windows OS?

Yes, do a FULL wipe and reinstall, with a valid OS install from Microsoft.

That is the extent of the assistance you'll get here.
Tom's Hardware does not assist with "not real" licensed software.

Status
Not open for further replies.