programs not working properly with windows installed on new drive

Nov 19, 2017
Just as the title says the programs that I have installed on my hard drive don't show up on the newly installed windows on my ssd, I still have windows installed on that hard drive but basically the new windows on my ssd is brand new with nothing on it, I have to go into file explorer to actually see the programs in the hard drive, such as NVidia GeForce experience, but doesn't work and says it cant find any new drivers, I clearly did something wrong with installing windows, because all I did was install a new windows on the ssd, someone help I'm completely lost

Nov 19, 2017
I installed windows by first getting the "installation media" or files to install windows with the windows media creation tool and then downloading the files to a usb, so then I restarted, went into bios changed the boot priority so it would boot into the windows installation for the ssd, it said the drive wasn't compatible, so i used command prompt to convert the drive to GPT from what I remember which then allowed me to bypass that and install it onto the ssd, and that was it, I didn't move any files from the old drive or clone it etc...

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
you may have to redo your windows install. can you check your BIOS
* SATA mode to AHCI
* Boot mode set to UEFI or enable UEFI/disable CSM. depending on your BIOS
* disable secure boot. ignore this if your BIOS dont have this setting

if any of them needed to be changed. you need to redo your windows install. also delete all your partitions from your first attempt. you dont need to manually set your drive to GPT.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
you will have to delete the partition of that drive. which means all data will be erased. do back up some of your data in another drive if you wish to save them. 100Gb is fine. mine only reaches 70Gb after 3 years of usage. just install your games in the secondary drive.