'Project Quantum' Doubles Firefox's Performance In Latest Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Performance improvements are awesome, but so is the return of squared tabs! Now if there's also a way to put the tabs on the bottom I might be able to live without Classic Theme Restorer. Also need a new Tab Groups extension. Still not happy that they're doing away with all XUL add-ons and not introducing ways for Web Extensions to be on par with them.

Performance updates are great. Getting rid of features not so much. That is what caused me to abandon Opera even to this day as they still haven't restored the features it once had. I just hope the Mozilla doesn't do the same thing. Changes can be good though.

I do have to say that it's almost like pulling teeth to get websites and web app sites to move away from Flash since modern browsers have pretty much stopped supporting it, and other plugins and such. It makes updating browsers a pain when you need those features.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I updated this morning, but have been on the beta channel for a while now. It took a few minutes to orient to the new UI (especially to get bookmarks back on the toolbar) but I have been impressed with performance improvements. Fortunately, the few add-ons I use were updated as web extensions several weeks ago. I'll keep using for now, and keep Chrome as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.