Prolimatech Shows Off Huge MK-26 Black Series GPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Looks awesome. Although, it also looks like it will cause turbulence in case air flow. How do you effectively exhaust hot air from that thing? Side panel fan pulling air out rather than pushing in?

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I wish OEMs would put coolers like this on their select products, even mid-range cards that need to be super-quiet. I'd be happy to pay extra not to have to deal with ordering an aftermarket cooler, then wasting an hour or more on installation and voiding the warranty in the process.

That said, I prefer Arctic Cooling GPU coolers over anything else, they even have a closed-loop liquid cooler now. Prolimatech MK-13 was a disappointment, and I'd have to see a lot of raving reviews for this before I consider using them again.

lunix

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
You're saying it's available in BLACK now?!? Sweet mother, my morning wouldn't have been complete without this crucial bit of news.

G

[citation][nom]JeBuSBrian[/nom]So, 4-slot cards have become acceptable now?[/citation]
Why not? Most standard ATX motherboards have what, 6-8 slots? Vast majority of gamers have 1 or 2 GPUs and very few use PCI slots for anything but GPUs. With that said, why should it be a problem?

This product is obviously not aimed at people who want to use smaller form factors or SLI/CF.

Soma42

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Ha, I cant be the only one who cracked up at the title. Yes Prolimatech, show off that huge black... er... cooler!

Seriously though, I would like to see this tested. Ever hear of diminishing returns? If you ACTUALLY need that much cooling you should be going water cooled instead of this black monster...

G

[citation][nom]Soma42[/nom]Ha, I cant be the only one who cracked up at the title. Yes Prolimatech, show off that huge black... er... cooler!Seriously though, I would like to see this tested. Ever hear of diminishing returns? If you ACTUALLY need that much cooling you should be going water cooled instead of this black monster...[/citation]
http://www.silentpcreview.com/Prolimatech_MK-26

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]JeBuSBrian[/nom]So, 4-slot cards have become acceptable now?[/citation]
only 4? looks more like 5 slots unless you don't use fans, even then it's still kinda iffy looking at just 4 slots

G

[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]only 4? looks more like 5 slots unless you don't use fans, even then it's still kinda iffy looking at just 4 slots[/citation]
4 slots when properly attached and aligned, 5 slots if it bents and hangs there.

They probably could have left the fans out and widened the heat sink to reach similar dimensions to when the fans were on and made it a fanless cooler for 250-30W cards, granted I suppose that as it is now, it could run effectively silent even with the fans :p

What I don't get is why with such a large cooler, they didn't find space for a decent shroud to move the air out of the case. Even moving just the air from one of the fans would probably get enough of the heat out for case temp to be more easily managed. Still, even as it is, I suppose someone wouldn't mind getting great case airflow to handle this, but this does seem more bothersome than what I said in my first paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS