Prolimatech Unveils Genesis Black Series CPU Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]There are too many CPU heatsinks and too few GPU heatsinks.[/citation]
Agreed! I had a great passive heatsink for my 9800GT, and I hate that there is not something with a duel design like this for the gtx570. I understand there not being enough watt dispersion for the heat sink to be on a single side of the card... so have it wrap over to the other side!

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Well, that's strange but it may help cooling the RAM.
Personally, I have a CoolerMaster V8, and I just want it to be much, much bigger, made from copper, and with 3x 140mm Scythe fans strapped to it.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]Agreed! I had a great passive heatsink for my 9800GT, and I hate that there is not something with a duel design like this for the gtx570. I understand there not being enough watt dispersion for the heat sink to be on a single side of the card... so have it wrap over to the other side![/citation]

I like passive GPU heatsinks. They're big, and if you throw in active cooling, your temperature would be significantly lower than the actively cooled one.

Except for Asus DirectCU II or other triple-slot GPUs...

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Looks like a truly awful design for a cooler to me. The horizontal portion is blocking the lower part of the vertical portion. Add a 120mm fan to that and it's going to be obstructing the airflow for at least a third of the vertical part.

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Looks like Stevie Wonder has started designing CPU heatsinks. I can't possibly think of another reason why this thing would look so terrible and ineffecient.

I can understand the reasoning behind this cooler's design... Really I can. However, that doesn't change the fact that if they want something like this, then they would probably have a much better cooler if the vertical part was above the horizontal part.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
I want to see this thing on Tom's bench with the following tests:

CPU cooling:
Passive cooling performance vs other passive coolers
With 1,2 and 3 fans

Northbridge cooling
RAM cooling

If this thing works as the manufacturer suggests then this could be a very interesting item for more than modest overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS