Question Proper airflow with 2 radiator coolers aio of 3 and 2 fans

Aug 28, 2019
Proper airflow with 2 radiator coolers aio of 3 and 2 fans. Since i only see in the most cases there are only one fan slot on the backside and three on the top sidewhat should be better ti deal with this 3(cpu) and 2(gpu) fans aio coolers.
The case is a cougar panzer evo

The product page says both the top and front can take 360mm rads. Therefore, I'd put
  • the 360rad in the top as exhaust
  • the 240mm rad in the front-bottom as intake
  • with a 3rd 120mm intake fan in the front-top unobstructed by a rad (which will feed good air to the top AIO and leave a bit of needed(?) space in the top-front corner)
  • 120mm rear exhaust fan
product-section-01-5.png

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalgriffin
Proper airflow with 2 radiator coolers aio of 3 and 2 fans. Since i only see in the most cases there are only one fan slot on the backside and three on the top sidewhat should be better ti deal with this 3(cpu) and 2(gpu) fans aio coolers.
The case is a cougar panzer evo

You really don't have a choice due to the limited config and balance of airflow. The problem being you have to balance airflow. And your front radiator will heat the air entering your top radiator, making it less effective. As your 240 will likely be used for the GPU which generates more heat, it makes sense to use the 360 at top as the CPU will have more thermal headroom, and the additional area of the radiator will help with it's cooling.

So with that in mind:

I would have the 360 as exhaust up top.
I would put a 120 as intake on the bottom
I would have the 240 as intake on the front.

Or optionally:
I would put the 3 x 120 fans on the front as INTAKE
I would mount the radiator behind the bottom two front fans.

If you wanted to go all out, you could put an optional 120 intake on the bottom with an optional 120 exhaust on the rear. This will help mix the warmer air with cool fresh air making the average temp of the air to the top radiator lower.

None of this will really make you overclock much better. But it will help your fans run at lower speeds, making your system more quiet.

Reactions: Renatos04
Aug 28, 2019
You really don't have a choice due to the limited config and balance of airflow. The problem being you have to balance airflow. And your front radiator will heat the air entering your top radiator, making it less effective. As your 240 will likely be used for the GPU which generates more heat, it makes sense to use the 360 at top as the CPU will have more thermal headroom, and the additional area of the radiator will help with it's cooling.

So with that in mind:

I would put a 120 as intake on the bottom
I would have the 240 as intake on the front.

Or optionally:
I would put the 3 x 120 fans on the front as INTAKE
I would mount the radiator behind the bottom two front fans.

If you wanted to go all out, you could put an optional 120 intake on the bottom with an optional 120 exhaust on the rear. This will help mix the warmer air with cool fresh air making the average temp of the air to the top radiator lower.

None of this will really make you overclock much better. But it will help your fans run at lower speeds, making your system more quiet.
Thank you so much i was scare about to tale a desition about this >.< thanks

Apr 12, 2019
Straight up, you want AIOs just avoid the case completely. dont even read further.

technically you should have your fans directly on your rad. With this case design Full 360 rads will fit in top panel and front (on the inner structure) and fans should go on the outside (between the glass and the inner structure. I imagine this isnt good for performance. Remove the air dust filters and i think it should be just the same. but your fan potential are hindered by the glass
Both fans and rads on the inner side wouldnt work (top panel) at all (any and all sizes)
You could get away with 240- 280 rad and fans in the FRONT and you will have to remove the air guide.
Also you could do the 360 and fans on the inner but you would have to remove the power cover and the air guide.

As for balancing air. Never considered it until now. I have an I5 9600kf , A400 antec air cooler and a Gtx 1060 the heat is alot but system chills around 40-45 degrees Celsius. So heat manages well. My suggestion for a AIO set up.
ideally i would want best performance that would be a dual rad on the front panel, however the distance for the pipe would need to be at least 33-35 cm to comfortably reach. i dont know AIO pipe lengths.

So you would have 360 rad top, remove dust filter top and your only option is to put if make the first 1 extake the other 2 intake, front panel 3 intake, plus exhaust. Lol sounds so stupid. I realised now im not getting an AIO . Hahahah ! wow

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-cougar-panzer-rvo-rgb.3470149/#post-21344276