Proposed 'Do Not Track' Specs Would Kill IE10's Default DNT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

the complete collected history of your internet activity, the content of your personal emails, etc.

none of that is anonymous

eduardo_90

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Hi guys... so everyone speaks but most of you don't knwo how things work on the side of the tracker hein?!

Well i do... i know because i work there.
No we dont keep private info because it is impossible to associate an ID like 5676338 to you're name and address, we just know that someone with that ID was at a particular website. That is all... Seriously... i love 1984... i read it. I love it and the thing that is more closer to it is Google.

Why do you ask... well a tracking code in a website only stores a cookie in you're browser and do not get more information than that. If you visit again that website. The cookies is requested. Only that time. After 30 days or less the cookie disappears automatically. Google no. You have a gmail, and android and google drive. Well google does not need any cookie... because it haves is own applications installed by you with you're permissions. And Google dont give a shit about cookies. If they end not a problem for google... instead google a plenty of money if everyone stops tracking.

Google will sell they're platform to advertisers to ad targeting better because they do not need cookies to do just that. Of course they use them but they know more when they dont.

The DNT is just a stupid way to force the advertisers to look for a more compeling way toget audience. Cookies are very good... if you think they are bad... wait to see what are the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.