Protection for Desktop PC when on Plane?

Planet_Icarus

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I'm moving at the end of the month. If I give my PC to the moving company, it will over 1 month for me to receive it due to customs. I can't have that because I need my PC for work. I'll have to take it on the plane with me. I have the original foam and package of the PC case. What other precautions can I take to ensure the safety of my PC?

Solution
Is it a closed loop, like an H100i or an open loop? If open loop then you would have to drain it. Closed loop, nothing special that I can think of.

kanewolf

Titan
If you have mechanical hard drive(s) you could remove them and put them in carry on. SSDs are immune to mechanical shock. I might also remove the heatsink if you have an aftermarket cooler. The weight of the heatsink plus the shocks of being tossed around in baggage could be a problem. You could STILL have customs problems putting it on the airplane with you. You need to check out the legal issues before you start. High tech has peculiar export regulations...

Check every plug in and re-seat the graphics card and RAM when it arrives.

Planet_Icarus

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014

I won't put it in a baggage. I'll have in the original box with the foam. I will ask Cathay Pacific to be extra careful. And reseat??