PS3 Camera on windows 10

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hello all,

First of all sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. But I am looking for the driver for my usb ps3 camera:
hqdefault.jpg

I read that I need a certain driver to make it work but I was wondering if anyone has it or knows where I can find it safely without any trouble with viruses and other bad stuff you may not want on your computer .-.
I want to be able to use it for skype.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You can hook it up, search for it under Devices Manager and update the drivers. It's just a regular Logitech or Namtai camera, nothing spectacular.

Don't trust drivers from unsuspecting sources. They are often times carrying malware or other malicious content.

Before you install those drivers you may want to take a backup of your system. Windows System Restore will work; you can also pick up either Rollback rx or Macrium Reflect Free (both free) and run a backup in case the driver causes issues for your system.

Good luck.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
You can hook it up, search for it under Devices Manager and update the drivers. It's just a regular Logitech or Namtai camera, nothing spectacular.

Don't trust drivers from unsuspecting sources. They are often times carrying malware or other malicious content.

Before you install those drivers you may want to take a backup of your system. Windows System Restore will work; you can also pick up either Rollback rx or Macrium Reflect Free (both free) and run a backup in case the driver causes issues for your system.

Good luck.

Solution

scottfree1_01

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2012
Old thread but this is how you get this working in windows (haven't tried 10 yet) but I had one working in win 7 and now that I need a new mic these things are still out class most mics 10x the price and are by far most advanced mic that $5 can buy..

https://codelaboratories.com/products/eye/driver/

"The PlayStation Eye features a built-in four-capsule[1] microphone array, with which the PlayStation 3 can employ[10] technologies for multi-directional voice location tracking, echo cancellation, and background noise suppression. This allows the peripheral to be used for speech recognition and audio chat in noisy environments without the use of a headset.[1] The PlayStation Eye microphone array operates with each channel processing 16-bit samples at a sampling rate of 48 kilohertz, and a signal-to-noise ratio of 90 decibels.[1]"