PS3 Controller USB pins

VirusWar

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
Hello,
I've got my hands on a PS3 controller with a broken USB pin connector. I don't have a console but I wouldn't mind having it for a 'PC to TV' playing, so I am trying to repair it.
The port is broken beyond repair, I really have no idea how someone can manage to do such damage, but still.
Without the port, no comms can be established with the PC and also the battery remains discharged. On the backplate it says the input is 5V 500mA, so I got myself such charger and hooked it up to a battery input on the motherboard -- the lights turn on, it starts searching for a console and when it cant find it, it turns off.
So I got the power out of the way, for now.
I need to hook it up to a blank USB cable, by blank I mean with cut cables on the other end. The problem is that I can't find a schematic on what pins do what on the controller motherboard.
I found one, which I'll put in the post later, but it only shows power input and ground. I need the data pins and I dont know which one's they are.

ps3_diagram2.jpg

Since I have a potato for a phone, I cant take a picture of mine, so this one will have to be used as an example. The pins are the ones marked 5v, 3v and ground, I need to know what other pins do in that same cluster.

The questing I ask you, is there anyone who either has a diagram which shows whats what, or could you know and could tell me how to hook it up?

Solution
2 posts up I gave you the micro USB wiring, you just have to verify what the 5 pins of the port are after you desolder it.
If you are modify and soldering electronics then you should know how to use a voltmeter and do a simple continuity test.

VirusWar

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
If I could buy a new one, I would do it xD
But I didn't come here for discussing should I buy it or not, so please, no offence but leave such answers out of this topic. I came here asking for help.
I am not spending any money on it, I already have a whole workshop full of spare electronic parts... "whats the use when you cant find a damn mini-usb port, ey?"

I've already seen that tutorial, and it doesn't help at all. I need a schematic to tell me which pins are which so I could hook it up directly to a USB cable.

You'd probably have to contact Sony to get that answer, and they sure won't give it.

Though the circuit boards are labeled, so you possibly could figure that out.
even if you do figure it out, it will likely break constantly because of the strain put on it by connecting an actual cable to it.

Since it is unusable mangled, desolder the port and figure out which pin is which of the 5 ouptut pins.

Then you can use that information in conjuction with this (this is looking at the front of port
569499056-533.jpg

You may need to short pin 4 and 5 together if just the 4 does not work.

VirusWar

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
@boosted1g
"figure out which pin is which of the 5 ouptut pins."
If you mean on the mobo, thats the thing I need, I could go on random and try to solder all of them in different patterns (I already know which one is power and ground thanks to the pic I posted, so I can count them out) and try to guess it, but it would take time, and I wanted to check here if someone has an answer so I dont have to do it.
Since no one seems to does, I assume the only thing I have left is to sit down, and just guess until I get it.