PS3 Slim Has Updated 45-nm Cell/B.E. Chip

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
God of War 1 & 2 is why I would want PS2 backward compatibility. Maybe they will port those and COO over to PS3 as a special pack. That would be sweet.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Aionism[/nom]Because the PS2 actually had games worth playing.[/citation]

They also still make games for the PS2 that aren't made for the PS3, mostly JRPGs which I enjoy, like Persona 4 for example.

Like I commented on previous article.. Smaller chip size, lower cost to manufacture and less heat.

For me though.. it doesn't matter because I have one of the first PS3's released. Which has PS2 backward compatibility.

NO, I didn't wait in line for days or buy it on eBay for $1,000. I simply reserved one at gamestop and casually picked it up on the day of it's release. Part of the reason I bought one right away is because it is backwards compatible and my PS2 broke and I still have several PS2 games that I barely got to play before it broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS