PS4 Controller and Windows 10 Detection Issue

Nov 16, 2018
Hi, I think this is the right place to post this but if it isn't I'll be happy to move it.
I'm having some trouble connecting my PS4 controller to my PC via USB and I feel like I've tried every solution I can find.
The weird part is it was working just fine until I reconnected it to my PS4 and then when I tried to conenct it back to my PC it wont be recognised. Looking at devices and printers in the control panel doesnt list anything, not even a generic "usb-gamepad".
I've tried:

• Pressing and holding the reset button near the trigger
    Installing DS4Windows
    Uninstalling it from my PS4
    Starting Steam in big picture mode
This is causing quite the headache so any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! :)

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have had to use an aftermarket program in order to use PS controllers on Win 10.

I might suggest as to the connection issue that you try the 'reset' button before plugging in and/or a restart with it connected. I run across this issue with PS3 controller moving from computer to computer.

Nov 16, 2018
Sorry for being away for a couple of days! I tried punkncat's solution which unfortunately did not work. :(
Good news is (or bad news if you're reading this 5 years down the line and you're in the same situation) my controller inexplicably just works again after coming home. Maybe my controller got reset or something, who knows. Thanks for your answers anyway!