[SOLVED] PS4 Controller no longer detected via bluetooth or usb

MilliaHakumei

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Alright, so. I recently made a new PC build, and since first loading everything up I was very excited that my new mobo had bluetooth on it, so as to use my ps4 controller wirelessly. Now on first connecting by holding share and ps button, using bluetooth settings to detect it, it worked natively within steam. Down the line I eventually had to go further and use DS4 Windows in order to have it work on etc programs since only steam natively supports it as such. Now suddenly, nothing will detect my PS4 Controller, windows goes out of it's way to say it's connected, but nothing registers that a control is detected, even with Hardware where it shows, "wireless controller" if I go into properties>Game controllers, it shows nothing available.

Now if I keep fiddling with DS4 Windows, or even SCPtoolkit, I can eventually get it to work while wired, but windows refuses in any sort of which way to have it work wirelessly again.

I've since uninstall SCPToolkit, and DS4 Windows, and attempted to remove any remnant of a driver for this darn thing, and have been trying from scratch as if it were new, and I've unfortunately not gone anywhere as of yet. I have even tried to use a system restore, each of which I attempt fails.

TLDR, PS4 controller is no longer recognized on bluetooth, no fix I have attempted will reconnect it either in steam, DS4 Windows, or SCP Toolkit.

Last edited:
Solution
Welp, Turns out I just had to use the controllers reset press on the back using a toothpick, then I was finally able to reinstall it properly, and it was good to go.