Question PS4 Controllers Not Charging or Turning On: Need Help Troubleshooting

Croperinho

Prominent
Jul 23, 2021
Hello community, I hope you are all doing well.

I'm having an issue with my PS4 or with the PS4 controllers, I'm not sure. My controllers started running out of battery, and when I tried to charge them, I realized that they wouldn't charge. The orange light simply doesn't appear, and even when I try to use them connected with a USB cable to the PS4, they don't turn on. They only light up for about a second, which is the short amount of time I can use them, and then they turn off again.

It seems very strange to me that it could be a battery or charging port issue, especially since both controllers stopped working at the same time. Here's a list of things I have already tried:

1. I have already tried resetting them with the Reset button.
  2. I have already tried changing the USB cable, and all those cables work with other devices.
  3. I have already tried changing the USB port, and all those ports work with other devices.
  4. I have already tried updating the PS4, and it was already up to date with the latest version.
  5. I have already tried using the PS4 in safe mode, but when it turns on, it doesn't allow me to proceed because it asks me to turn on the controller with the PS button, which only stays on for a second as I mentioned before.
  6. I have already tried using a power transformer to connect it differently.
I don't know what else to try. I even factory reset the PS4, and now when I turn it on, it asks me to turn on a controller, but it doesn't detect when I press the PS button.

Even when I try to connect either of the two controllers to my PC, they are not recognized as devices.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thank you very much.

Very odd indeed that they both go bad at the same time, but not impossible. It is likely that both went bad.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried connecting them to your PC to see if your PC recognizes them?
How about charging the controllers somewhere other than your PS4?

Croperinho

Prominent
Jul 23, 2021
Very odd indeed that they both go bad at the same time, but not impossible. It is likely that both went bad.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried connecting them to your PC to see if your PC recognizes them?
How about charging the controllers somewhere other than your PS4?
Hi, thank you for your help.

My PC doesn't recognize them and I tried charging them in other places and it's the same problem, the orange light doesn't show up.

Croperinho

Prominent
Jul 23, 2021
UPDATE:

I just realized that when PS4 is turned off and disconnected my controllers blink normally with the white light (a normal amount of times), but when the PS4 is connected, my controllers just stop working blink 1 or 2 times and then stop. Im starting to think that the problem is in the PS4 hardware, but its strange that the controllers still don't beign recognized by the PC.