[SOLVED] ps4 feel more smoother than pc!

Sep 7, 2020
so,, i play gta 5 at 60fps all time..which is very smooth..i thought to play it at 30fps inorder to get a console feeling. and guss what! the gameplay was just....i thought it was running at 15 fps..so <Mod Edit Language>! but then when i played it on my friends console, it felt very smooth! i dont the reason. is the fps more than 30 in consoles? or...some other logic? plz explain

Solution
Developers for consoles have a target frame time they aim for (say 33.33ms for 30 FPS) and they will do their darnedest to make sure performance meets that requirement most of the time. The catch is if there's extra headroom, the game usually won't render more frames in a given time.

PCs however have unrestricted frame rates. If you're getting 60 FPS some times and 45 FPS other times, it'll feel a lot more jittery than a solid 30 FPS.
Developers for consoles have a target frame time they aim for (say 33.33ms for 30 FPS) and they will do their darnedest to make sure performance meets that requirement most of the time. The catch is if there's extra headroom, the game usually won't render more frames in a given time.

PCs however have unrestricted frame rates. If you're getting 60 FPS some times and 45 FPS other times, it'll feel a lot more jittery than a solid 30 FPS.

Solution
Consoles are not FPS locked. Depending on the game and console you are using, then you might be getting over 60 FPS while gaming. The problem is that consoles are often weaker hardware, so they may only get 30 FPS in some games, but they are NOT locked to only 30FPS. So yes, it is likely that the console you were playing on was reaching over 30 FPS, probably around 45-50 if it was hard to tell the difference between it and the PC running at 60. Hope that helps.