PS4 Gets Its First Post-launch Firmware Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bochica

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Because they are still in training. Once they get the PS4, they will be on the "hacker" level of skill and slaughter us on the Multiplayer field.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
well, 3 out of 4 people i know who have one say it's ... mediocre at best... I haven't actually tried one, so, i can't judge yet, but those people are serious ps3 fans :s

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
If its not enabling blue tooth devices its not worth it... I'm liking my PS4 except for the fact that everything blue tooth is broken, even my official Sony made PS3 blue tooth headset doesnt work.... WTF.... last I checked blue tooth was a standard. how can the console not support it...

Console = Nice, Lack of use of any of my current peripherals = BS

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I was at Future Shop few days ago, and wanted to try the PS4 demo. But the screen was frozen :) I decided to get the next hardware revision, since the first one is probably buggy.

cklaubur

Distinguished
Does the PS4 automatically download AND install the updates? If so, I'm not sure I'd like that. I know I've dodged a couple bad firmware updates on my PS3 because I didn't have automatic updates enabled.

Casey

grokem

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
My experience says that we're all beta testing for Japan. You can't imagine the level of perfection they expect out of everything. I have read that it's so bad that it's actually hurting their economy because perfection hurts efficiency.

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Because the country is doomed. Their debt to GDP is insane. Plus: Fukushima, Russia up top (Kuril Islands dispute), China below (Diaoyus/Senkakus islands dispute). =They're constantly scrambling F-15's. And in the USA, Kia & Hyundai are out-dumping Toyotas.

You work in a factory so you can buy food and pay the "family mortgage", that has been inherited for generations.

A PS4, that would be an unacceptable indulgence... And just plane unaffordable for the masses.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Why does Japan get the PS4 last ? Simple.

Sony doesn't have an unlimited stock of PS4s so they want to sell as many PS4s in countries where the Xbox usually does well or not too bad before the Xbox one is out. The Xboxes historically don't sell well in Japan so there is no need to beat the Xbox one's release date in that country. It's clever business.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Why does Japan get the PS4 last ? Simple.

Sony doesn't have an unlimited stock of PS4s so they want to sell as many PS4s in countries where the Xbox usually does well or not too bad before the Xbox one is out. The Xboxes historically don't sell well in Japan so there is no need to beat the Xbox one's release date in that country. It's clever business.
Christmas also isn't as big a deal in Asia as it is in the western world.

PhatTran

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
My sincere advice is you should buy a PS4 now. Why? You can see here: http://lovingtheclassicsreviewsite.net/trend/6-reasons-why-you-ought-to-buy-a-ps4/

PhatTran

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
My sincere advice is you should buy a PS4 now. Why? You can see here: http://lovingtheclassicsreviewsite.net/trend/6-reasons-why-you-ought-to-buy-a-ps4/

PhatTran

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

Joshua Carter

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

No, it doesn't install them automatically. Game updates, it will do, but system Firmware it asks before installing.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Their fanboy level must be over 9k

Status
Not open for further replies.