ps4 pro external hard drive randomly disconnects

Sep 8, 2018
Several times while playing games my external hardrive has "disconnected". Sometimes the game just crashes or the drive just disconnects. On restarting the PS4 Pro, I get an error that my external hardrive was improperly disconnected and that I have to run repairs. After running repairs it works fine for several hours days or weeks, until it inevitably happens again.

This is my model: Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 I have it plugged into the back of the PS4. I used to have it sitting on top of the PS4, but then I thought it might be overheating, so I moved it away from the ps4 changed usb ports. Still happens.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZTRXFBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What's happening? Is it going to sleep while I'm playing? How can I prevent it from happening? and i have seen other people have the same problem with the same hard drive. Do i need a new hard drive if so what hard drive should i buy

Solution
This:

"error that my external hardrive was improperly disconnected and that I have to run repairs. After running repairs it works fine for several hours days or weeks, until it inevitably happens again."

What repairs are you doing?

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"error that my external hardrive was improperly disconnected and that I have to run repairs. After running repairs it works fine for several hours days or weeks, until it inevitably happens again."

What repairs are you doing?

Solution

Wes Maximus

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
For some reason I see this a lot. Myself included. Very frustrating. I'm not sure why it if it's a USB problem, but I stuck a small piece of paper to gently hold the USB plug in firmer. havnt had that problem since.

TRENDING THREADS