[SOLVED] PS5 and Gaming PC

Sep 26, 2021
Good morning everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I'm just looking for some advice. I recently have been blessed with two gifts. The first was a PS5, and the second was my wife brought me a gaming pc. She paid for the parts and had someone put it together as she knows I recently mentioned I wanted to get into PC gaming. Years ago, I played games like divinity original sin 2, WoW, and Diablo. Nowadays, I am looking to play things like AC Valhalla, The Witcher 3 (when the new update comes out), and the ME Legendary edition. I wonder which system I should play Valhalla etc., on and if my unit is decent enough. I should mention I only have one monitor with is an Asus TUF VG27AQ. So the specs of the PC is as follows:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
1TB SSD
GeForce RTX 3080

I am grateful for both gifts, and I think the ps5 doesn't do 1440p but is this PC good to last for a while when it comes to AAA titles, etc.? I was planning on using the PS5 for PlayStation exclusives and the PC for everything else. I should also note I've never tweaked graphics in a game I use to let the Geforce app set the settings for me. Any advice given is appreciated. Thank you all in advance, and have a blessed day.

Solution
Hey there,

Aren't you the lucky boy!! :)

Nice!

To answer your primary question, yes, you're new PC system is more powerful than a PS5/Xbox X/S in very many ways. You've got a very strong system that can push high FPS at 1440p and under, and at 4k with 60+ fps target easily achievable with all the bells and whistles on. You will also be able to use RT (raytracing tech), much better than on the consoles. Whilst they (consoles) do have RT, they are AMD RDNA2 which is basic, and has a performance hit. Your 3080 is second gen RT and is much better all round.

Word of advice. Please don't use Geforce Experience for setting your games up. It has a habit of butchering FPS for some games. Get used to manually setting up games from the in game...
Hey there,

Aren't you the lucky boy!! :)

Nice!

To answer your primary question, yes, you're new PC system is more powerful than a PS5/Xbox X/S in very many ways. You've got a very strong system that can push high FPS at 1440p and under, and at 4k with 60+ fps target easily achievable with all the bells and whistles on. You will also be able to use RT (raytracing tech), much better than on the consoles. Whilst they (consoles) do have RT, they are AMD RDNA2 which is basic, and has a performance hit. Your 3080 is second gen RT and is much better all round.

Word of advice. Please don't use Geforce Experience for setting your games up. It has a habit of butchering FPS for some games. Get used to manually setting up games from the in game menu's and don't use GE to optimize.

System as is will be capable for 3-5 years with AAA games. Future games in maybe 2-3 years, might push your system further, but it's well capable of it taking them on too. When you find you have to start to dial down in game settings to keep same FPS, then you might look at a GPU upgrade. But not needed yet for a good while.

Good luck and happy gaming :)

Reactions: Sameol__E
Solution
Sep 26, 2021
Awesome build from a awesome wife. Thats pretty good part selection. If you have more details like RAM frequency PSU make model, etc. we might be able to analyze more. Otherwise its a great build overall.

NZXT-Kraken x63 280mm CPU liquid cooling
corsair RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS1V 2.92 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
Samsung 970 EVO plus 1TB PCIe SSD

TRENDING THREADS