PSU - Best for mITX build

lilje2020

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
I'm currently planning a build with the new Phanteks Shift X case which will accommodate both SFX and SFX-L PSU's. It'll technically even fit a full ATX PSU but I will be doing a complete customer water loop and want to ensure I have additional space for reservoirs and radiators - otherwise I'd just put the Seasonic X-850 I have in.

I've narrowed it down to either the Corsair SF600 or the Lian-Li PE-750 PSU's. In general the Corsair is receiving better reviews but is limited to 600 watts and has a smaller 92mm fan which may be louder under load. However it has a significantly better warranty (7years vs 2) and is notably cheaper in Canada.

My question comes down to is 600 watts enough for my build? I will be running a 7700k (hopefully overclocked to 4.8-4.9ghz) and a 1080ti card (most likely Asus ROG). I've checked a couple of online calculators and it seems that 600 watts is enough as long as I don't also try to OC the 1080ti.... thoughts or suggestions?

Solution

Both of those psu's are way more than enough for you. Just pick the corsair since it's better quality.

Solution