PSU died, bought a new one, but on boot I get SDRAM (1 short beep) error.

lazarusxd

Honorable
Nov 13, 2017
I have 4 sticks of DDR2 1066 MHZ HyperX RAM. I tried 3 different sticks in 2 different slot, but my PC wont boot. Is it my RAM or my Motherboard? (Previous PSU died while PC was turned off)
Specs: AMD Phenom II X4 940
Geforce GT 1030 (Gigabyte)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Asus M3A78-VM
New PSU: Enermax Maxpro 600

Different motherboard makers use different beep codes. They can be similar, but not exactly the same.

lazarusxd

Honorable
Nov 13, 2017

Anyways what do you think? Is it my motherboard or my RAM? Can I fix it, or I have to buy new Memory or motherboard?

It's not clear to me at the moment what your problem is. If you tried booting with 3 different sticks of ram, one at a time, they can't possibly all be bad. So it can't be bad ram that is causing your problems, but it could possibly be bad ram settings on your motherboard.

You keep jumping to the conclusion that your problem comes from one of your hardware parts being broken, but i think it's more likely your problem is caused by how your system is configured. Figuring out where that problem is, that's the difficult part. Have you re-checked all the power connections from your PSU to the motherboard, CPU and PSU?

lazarusxd

Honorable
Nov 13, 2017

I checked all of them, moved the RAM's to another slots, and now my computer works, but my 1030 died.

What do you mean by "my 1030 died"? Are you saying your computer now boots but your not getting any video signal on your monitor?

lazarusxd

Honorable
Nov 13, 2017

I only get signal from my integrated GPU

Which video output on your motherboard are you connecting your monitor to? DisplayPort?

lazarusxd

Honorable
Nov 13, 2017

I use VGA in my Integrated GPU and HDMI (VGA to HDMI) in my 1030

I'm guessing your problem is whatever your using to convert your video cards HDMI (digital output) to your monitors VGA (analogue input) is not working properly, or will not work at all. You my be better off using a video card with a VGA output. I assume you just bought this new Gigabyte GT 1030 card to put in your older motherboard?