Question PSU Failure or Faulty Drivers?

Jun 8, 2020
I updated all my driver's yesterday and now my pc will not boot up. It's a 6 year old rig (i7-4790k gtx 970 16gb ram running Windows 10). It been using the same 650W gold PSU since the start, so I figure it unfortunately gave up this morning or the new drivers are faulty.

Firstly when pressing the power button the pc immediately made a booting up sound and turned off, turned it self on again and again immediately turned off, and kept repeating. After stopping the cycle, on the second attempt to boot up the pc started up but gave no outputs on the monitors (the monitors are working) and the wired keyboard and mouse were unpowered as well. (Can tell with lack of lights). The pc no longer shut it self down but it also wasn't doing anything, no windows to boot into safe mode, no logo coming up on the monitor to initiate the other safe mode that I know of.

I'm asking if you think it could be solely the drivers installed the day before causing the fault, given that it ran fine for some time with multiple restarts after installing those drivers. If it is the drivers what can I do with no outputs or inputs. Thanks in advance.

Jun 8, 2020
Bad or incompatible drivers would not cause the symptoms you have described.
Please post full system specs including make, model & age of PSU.
Its a Corsair RM650-650 Watt 80 PLUS Gold certified Fully Modular PSU (UK Plug). With an age of 5-6 years ( I think corsair released it late 2013, not to be confused with recent rm editions). Other then the cpu (using stock cooler), (MSI gaming) graphics card, and (HyperX DD3) Ram as stated above, the psu is also powering 2 case fans (120mm), msi b851 gaming mini-itx motherboard, a 250gb ssd, 3tb Hdd, and a DVD optical drive. Recommended power levels using online psu calculators sit around 450W. All components are 5-6 years old. Using windows 10 64 bit.