PSU fan case

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
Hey, when I turn on my newly built PC the case fan and PSU fan turn on for 2 seconds then stops, then it repeats.
My display is picking up a HDMI signal for a spit second when the fans start to spin, then nothing when the fans stop spinning.
Help me!

This is a hardware issue. The system is not passing POST (Power On Self Test) so there is either a a component issue, like memory or GPU not seated correctly, a bad part (incompatible) or bad BIOS setting.

If you have a memory OK button or the like try pressing it. This will set the BIOS to allow for easy first boot till you can change the settings of the ram.

be sure ALL power connectors are fully seated and the 4-8 pin EPS connector is plugged in.

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
It might be my memory as when inserting the ram the mb booklet says to open both sides then slide it in but only 1 side opened and the other didn't open.
What do I do?

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
My ram is in properly, I just checked.
I noticed that when my CPU power connector is out the PC switches on without switching back off like before, but when the CPU power connector is plugged in the PC fan and CPU fan turn on and off like before.

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

I built the PC myself, I think it might be the motherboard standoffs. I am checking just now. There is no graphics card.

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
I don't think it is the motherboard standoffs that are causing the problem. I just lifted the motherboard and rescrewed them and tested. Everything is the same.
I still do not know what the problem is??

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
OK thanks for your time and your help, I will do just that.
I will also take a look and work through the troubleshooting list to see what the problem is as well.
:)

No matter what it is a hardware issue. If it wasn't then it would allow you to boot into the BIOS. What CPU are you using?

EDIT: you may want to remove the CPU and make sure you didn't bend any of the pins in the socket, otherwise known as the Land Graph Array (LGA).

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

I am using an Intel g4600 processor.
I will take off the CPU Cooler to see if I placed the CPU correctly.
One thing to note is that I am using used ram that has been previously used.

If the memory is DDR4 and tests good in a different machine then the ram works. Now it is possible for the ram to not be compatible with your motherboard/CPU. while this is not all that common it does happen.

What ram do you have? Make and speed please.

2abstar2

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

I have 1 stick of Samsung ddr4 8gb.
It should be compatible with my motherboard.