[SOLVED] PSU for 3090 SLI ?

toshibitsu

Distinguished
I am planning to SLI a pair of 3090 GPU's(yes, I know it's overkill for gaming... that's not what they are for).
Can anyone recommend a good PSU for them? I believe you need at least a 750W for a single 3090, so I'm guessing 1500W minimum for 2.
Is there possibly a listing anywhere of PSU's 1500W & above?

Thank you

Solution
The 2 GPU's I have are the:

EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
EVGA 3090 FTW3 Hybrid

Both have identical cores/clocks(only difference is the cooling). That and both specify this:
Requirements

• Minimum of a 750 Watt power supply.
  • Three available 8-pin or 6+2pin PCIe power dongles
  • Total Power Draw : 350 Watts
That and the cards are going to be used for video production. Confirmed that the software I use has 3090 SLI support.
This would do the job if you can find one. Availability is bad right now for top end PSU's. Watch out for scalper prices in these times.
Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

kanewolf

Titan
I am planning to SLI a pair of 3090 GPU's(yes, I know it's overkill for gaming... that's not what they are for).
Can anyone recommend a good PSU for them? I believe you need at least a 750W for a single 3090, so I'm guessing 1500W minimum for 2.
Is there possibly a listing anywhere of PSU's 1500W & above?

Thank you
It is wasted money for gaming, rather than overkill, IMO. Game support for multiple GPUs is vanishing. Unless you are sure that EVERYTHING you want to play benefits from SLI, then don't bother...

toshibitsu

Distinguished

EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
EVGA 3090 FTW3 Hybrid

Both have identical cores/clocks(only difference is the cooling). That and both specify this:
Requirements

That and the cards are going to be used for video production. Confirmed that the software I use has 3090 SLI support.

EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
EVGA 3090 FTW3 Hybrid

Requirements

This would do the job if you can find one. Availability is bad right now for top end PSU's. Watch out for scalper prices in these times.
Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Reactions: toshibitsu
Solution

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Thought I'd give an update on this.

I tested with 1 3090 installed and loaded up a game for the heck of it(Cyberpunk 2077). The 3090 alone was consuming between 410w - 430w.
That being the case, I ended up ordering the Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1500W Digital 80+ Titanium. It's currently on sale on Amazon for $429.

Thank you for the help and suggestions though! :)