Question PSU for an Asus Strix 6650 XT ?

Jan 21, 2024
Hello everyone, I am thinking of buying the Asus Strix 6650 XT 08g-v2, for which the suggested PSU rating is 650w. On pc partpicker all my components come to 381w. (Including the 6650 XT). Pc partpicker don't include the case fans. I have 4 case fans so which wattage PSU should I get?

Last edited:
Solution
That is a solid PSU. Price looks like you kind of have to pay a premium (don't know where you are and what prices are like). So I don't know if you can find better quality 650W unit at that price.

Again not sure about prices but I think you migh be able to find a good quality 1TB M.2 drive for around the price of that HDD ($65), which BTW is an SMR drive. Unless you need it to be HDD by any chance?

I know it's kind of a trade off to get 1TB instead of 2TB of storage but I personally would do that in a blink of an eye if it's getting a SSD instead of an HDD. The board has 4 SATA ports and you can alway add another 1TB SATA SSD or 1TB HDD later.
I am in Italy and prices are ridiculous. I have no money so at the moment I can...

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Hello everyone, I am thinking of buying the Asus Strix 6650 XT 08g-v2, for which the suggested PSU rating is 650w. On pc partpicker all my components come to 381w. (Including the 6650 XT). Pc partpicker don't include the case fans. I have 4 case fans so which wattage PSU should I get?
Wattage is important, so is the quality of the unit you're going to buy. It is in most scenarios that the name brand units are good quality, and requires minimal research before investing into one, rather than going with an unknown brand PSU.

For your rig, I'd suggest going with a decent quality 650W one, and it'll do the job.
As mentioned, going with a brand like Corsair (not just Corsair, any other reputable brand) will most likely get you a quality unit, as well as a sufficient warranty.

If you plan on upgrading in the near future, you could go with a higher wattage unit (like 700W), but for now, this is well sufficient.

Jan 21, 2024
Wattage is important, so is the quality of the unit you're going to buy. It is in most scenarios that the name brand units are good quality, and requires minimal research before investing into one, rather than going with an unknown brand PSU.

For your rig, I'd suggest going with a decent quality 650W one, and it'll do the job.
As mentioned, going with a brand like Corsair (not just Corsair, any other reputable brand) will most likely get you a quality unit, as well as a sufficient warranty.

If you plan on upgrading in the near future, you could go with a higher wattage unit (like 700W), but for now, this is well sufficient.
Thank you for your advice

Reactions: zinkles

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I have seen a be quiet pure power 12m 650w for 100€. I will probably get that, unless any other suggestions
That is a solid PSU. Price looks like you kind of have to pay a premium (don't know where you are and what prices are like). So I don't know if you can find better quality 650W unit at that price.

Again not sure about prices but I think you migh be able to find a good quality 1TB M.2 drive for around the price of that HDD ($65), which BTW is an SMR drive. Unless you need it to be HDD by any chance?

I know it's kind of a trade off to get 1TB instead of 2TB of storage but I personally would do that in a blink of an eye if it's getting a SSD instead of an HDD. The board has 4 SATA ports and you can alway add another 1TB SATA SSD or 1TB HDD later.

Jan 21, 2024

I am in Italy and prices are ridiculous. I have no money so at the moment I can [mod: cannot? ] afford a PSU and GPU. Thanks for your reply

Reactions: Satan-IR
Solution