[SOLVED] PSU ? for asus Z490-a

Jul 13, 2020
It's been several years since my last build and I admit I relied on parts picker conflict suggestions.
The mobo has a 24 pin power connection on the side and an eight pin power connection ( EATX 12V-1) at the top, as well as a 4 pin power connection (EATX12V-2). The ROG STRIX power supply did not come with cords for the 8 and 4 pin connectors and looking through alternate PSU specs I don't see one that does . Do I need the 8 and 4 connections in addition to the 24 pin.

Solution
It's been several years since my last build and I admit I relied on parts picker conflict suggestions.
The mobo has a 24 pin power connection on the side and an eight pin power connection ( EATX 12V-1) at the top, as well as a 4 pin power connection (EATX12V-2). The ROG STRIX power supply did not come with cords for the 8 and 4 pin connectors and looking through alternate PSU specs I don't see one that does . Do I need the 8 and 4 connections in addition to the 24 pin.

The ASUS Strix all have two 4+4 connectors, I believe, and almost any competent PSU made today is going to have at least one 4+4. You don't necessarily need the second one, but you certainly need the first one.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

The ASUS Strix all have two 4+4 connectors, I believe, and almost any competent PSU made today is going to have at least one 4+4. You don't necessarily need the second one, but you certainly need the first one.

Solution