PSU for GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3gb

May 25, 2018
Hello, tomorrow i will start buying components for new pc, i planned on buying gtx 1060 3gb and i3 8100 paired with gigabyte b360m-h motherboard. Which psu i need to buy (is 500W enough?). Also im on tight budget so if u could tell minimum power psu must have and in your opinion recommended power psu? Fast answers please!

Even a quality 450W PSU would be more than sufficient for your rig. Note that it really must be a good brand, not some dirt-cheap noname unit. In general, any PSU with 5+ years of warranty can be considered to be of decent quality. Seasonic, XFX, EVGA, Corsair, Antec and so on are generally all good PSU brands.

And if you later desire to upgrade to more powerful GPU, it would be a good idea to get a 550W or even 650W PSU now, so you won't have to upgrade later. More reserve cannot hurt.

If you need a very specific recommendation, then here, this one would be great:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KmgzK8/seasonic-focus-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fm

May 25, 2018

Yo, thanks u so much for the answer, just opened my current pc and i have Rhino's RX 550-PA 550W PSU. Do you think that will be good? Because im on really tight budget and i want to use at least PSU,HDD and DVD from an old (current) PC. Or if this is not enough the limit i have is LC POWER 600W, which i read on page from the store im buying that is enough for gtx 1060 3gb.

No, neither one are good units at all.

May 25, 2018

Ok, so i gave up on buying new pc right now just because of freaking PSU (feelsgoodman), i will get my ass to work to earn some money so i can buy seasonic or any good psu that wont fail me in one year. But what about gtx 1060 6gb version, does it require any more power than 3gb version? Also thanks for your answer and u kinda fucked my hype ( nothing personal im joking) but at least i learned that first thing i will buy everytime i build a system is PSU kek.