PSU for i7 8700k OCd and 2 GTX 1080Ti ROG Poseidon SLI OCd?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 12, 2018
Hello,

As title says, I would like to know what is a good wattage for a PSU for this rig.

i7 8700K @ 5.0Ghz, maybe push 5.2Ghz if possible.

2 GTX 1080Ti ROG Poseidon SLI @2100Mhz, 20% over voltage (based on what I've seen online abput this GPU).

I picked a SeaSonic Prime Ultra 1000W 80+ Titanium.. as I've read this should be enough, but when I run the PSU Calculator it recommends 1300W, but I find this a bit in excess. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
No, VA panels arent worse. There plenty, including a few moderators here, that prefer them to IPS. They have much better blacks & no IPS 'glow'.
View angles diff now is negligable to non-existant vs IPS. Color reproduction is same.
Long story short they are both good & the right choice. VA or IPS, the thing is DONT get a TN.

I'm still plugging at you not to get the 27". Still recommending 16:9 over a 21:9. (for practicality, screen area, & compatibility)

You were discounting the samsung because it only does 60hz. This 16:9 32" LG does 144hz gsync. ($797 on pcpartpicker)
LG 32GK850G-B http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32GK850G-B-gaming-monitor

Doesnt appear to have HDR but if youre that keen for that feature i'd wait as...
Mar 12, 2018

Funny how the post became a monitor debate rather than the original PSU question! Hahah just fun.

However thank you all for the help.

I didn't know about VA panels, was asking but I guess as you say they are good aswell and comparable to IPS.
You will be happy to hear I've ruled out the 27" monitor, and was almost heading straight for the Alienware. However why you recommend 16:9 instead of 21:9?

By the way this LG is an amazing find. Definitely joining the race for the monitor choice.

People that are not getting the 100hz from the Predator x34 are not using the correct display port. The one that Acer provides will project 100hz without issue. But it is a short 3' cord. If you want a larger dp cable, you need to buy a quality one or you will risk not getting 100hz. I have never had an issue getting 100hz from mine.

As for 21:9 support, there are only a few games that don't support it out of the box and they can be easily modded to support the aspect ratio. I am not a CS:GO player, but the only game I have had issues with was Fallout 4 and a simple mod addressed the 21:9 support.

As for VA vs IPS, it is all in the eyes of the beholder. I suggest going to a store and take a look at both and pick the one you like the most. Here is a good read about the difference between VA and IPS panels.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1890-panel-comparison-tn-ips-pls-va-crt

Mar 12, 2018

I think 21:9 will give a better experience for Flight Sims, which is my main thing... thats why I think is a wiser choice...