PSU for my specific spec

MuricaCountryBall

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello,

First of all thanks for reading this thread,I'm not an expert in computers but I know my fair and share.

I'm currently On a vacation abroad and as always things are way cheaper here than back in my country.

Thus I decided to buy the NVIDIA - Founders Edition GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card.

Problem is I'm afraid that my psu is really bad and cannot handle the new gpu.

It's a 3rd party Element Smart 750w bronze I think, I'm not taking any chances and I want to buy a new psu.

Here is my current spec hope you could help me:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
SSD:264GB
Videocard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4Gb Strix overclocked

Psu doesn't matter cause I want to buy a new one.

I'm looking for a nice psu from maybe antec or corsair that is able to achieve my needs for the gtx1070 and current spec.

By the way I'm already paying 400bucks on the card so I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. Looking for a 60-80 price range.
Again thanks.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
All good choices here I would try to get the EVGA or Seasonic, 550 Watts will run what you have easy. You can check the 650 watt models also sometimes their actually lower price.
http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/3zNypg,3hkwrH,qYTrxr,DPCwrH/

MuricaCountryBall

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Thanks for the fast solutions,I'm buying the gpu from the FL Miami "BestBuy" store,it might not have the specific psu you offer so if you could offer multiple I might be able to find them. Thanks

burtman88

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011

MuricaCountryBall

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Burtman88 I'm sorry for not understanding,this is my first time shopping for parts in Miami and in BestBuy overall,are you saying that if I show that link to Best Buy they will lower the price guaranteed?

burtman88

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
They will even match amazon prices that ship from amazon warehouse. i've been using it for years lol. I just noticed i showed a asus FE version, anyways sometimes they are dumb will match. I am trying to find you a better deal for a 1070. i love my 1070 make sure you will as well.

MuricaCountryBall

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
If I will get my head sorted today I will make the purchase today,my father agreed to pay he rest,I got he 170 dollars from working and he agreed to pay the rest of the 400 bucks.
With the known problem of the psu I'm trying to get the gpu and psu as heap as possible without any quality damage of some sort.

MuricaCountryBall

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Yes I am looking for the fe for the price. I'm limited with money,cause while I am paying 170 dollars my dad pays the rest of the gpu and psu.

Again sorry for the pain in the ass but it seems kind of odd that I show up next to the seller and show him this link,automatically he will understand to lower the price? Seems kind of odd.

Or is it a machine that looks at the unit number and understands.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

By the picture that is the older green lable CXM and not a good power supply. The newer ones have a white lable and is acceptable quality.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Your friend lied the new CXM power supplies work just fine.
The old green lable were bad the new white lable are just fine.

burtman88

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
that's miss leading my CX750M has been great for the past 2 years, running everything fine. I used to have it paired with 580 gtx. Now it's the MSI ex x 1070 gtx. 2600k at 5 ghz. 5 fans that run at 3300 rpm, full custom liquid cool loop. so far zero issues

MuricaCountryBall

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
I bought now from bestbuy the corsair CX750M new edition that they fixed,spoke with my friend when I grabbed it. Thanks I got the PSU not what's left is to order from Amazon the gps cause the price match is only for members prime