PSU help! I don’t know why it’s not working

Jun 5, 2018
I am building my own PC and got this PSU listed below:

Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 750W Digital 80+ Gold Smart Zero 256-Color RGB Fan Fully Modular ATX 12V 2.31/EPS 12V 2.92 Power Supply

I have tried to get it to work and when I hit the power button it just clicked and now won’t turn on. The motherboard is fine, but idk what else I’m supposed to do.

I was also wondering if this PSU was comparable with the 12V ATX plug in on my motherboard, I hooked it up and I’m wondering if I shouldn’t of done that.

Jun 5, 2018
Well. It turns out I was plugging the ATX 12V into the wrong port with the wrong cable..... I’m dumb lol. Hopefully it works when I get the new one in.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The EPS connector, and the mains, can be quite tight upon first install as the pins aren't spread, the shape of the plastic is a little off etc so often times it takes a little elbow grease to get them seated fully. Unfortunately, ppl also grab the pcie 6+2 or some psus have a full 8pin and try cramming that in instead. The problem there is that the 12v and grounds are opposites to the EPS, so can potentially fry the mobo if you stick 12v unresistored loads on the ground.