Question PSU issue or something else?

Jan 22, 2022
So, recently my pc started acting strangely at times.
A couple times it just turned off. No heavy load, pretty much idle and just poof-everything is off.
As i tried to turn it back on, it didn't respond. Pressed the power button a couple times and then it worked. Now i have to do at least 3 presses every time i turn it on.
A few times as i was shutting it down or restarting, the OS would shut down, but the fans would stay powered on and spin at full speed until i pressed and held power button for a few seconds.

My specs are: gigabyte x570 gaming, ryzen 5 3600x, g skill 16 gb, asus geforce 1650, one sata ssd, one m.2 ssd and one external hdd. All off the components are around 2 years old, except for my psu, corsair vs550 which is around 7 years old, so i'm wondering could these problems come from the psu starting to die?

mu_p1

Prominent
Jan 21, 2022
So, recently my pc started acting strangely at times.
A couple times it just turned off. No heavy load, pretty much idle and just poof-everything is off.
As i tried to turn it back on, it didn't respond. Pressed the power button a couple times and then it worked. Now i have to do at least 3 presses every time i turn it on.
A few times as i was shutting it down or restarting, the OS would shut down, but the fans would stay powered on and spin at full speed until i pressed and held power button for a few seconds.

My specs are: gigabyte x570 gaming, ryzen 5 3600x, g skill 16 gb, asus geforce 1650, one sata ssd, one m.2 ssd and one external hdd. All off the components are around 2 years old, except for my psu, corsair vs550 which is around 7 years old, so i'm wondering could these problems come from the psu starting to die?
Maybe PSU? If not then hardware issues.